Monday, September 15, 2008

What You Don't See

I've learned in this past week exactly how much people watch me. Not just the fact that i'm freakishly tall, but the fact that i'm Apostolic and different from everything they know. I had somebody post in my homesty box this past week "I love how you're always smilin. I'm a backslid Penny and seeing you reminds me of better days" left by an anonymus male. Today, in band, one of the flute players randomly walked up for me and said "I need you to pray for my aunt, she's....*leaving out details*...and they said you're the most spiritual person in the band so will you please pray for her?" People watch...even when you don't realize it and think nobody is looking. It's important to stay prayed up, i'm finding out. Be instant in season and out of season....cause you never know when you'll be called upon to witness or pray, or simply be yourself and be the only Bible some people read. My smile has always been one of the most important things about me....It's what i'm known for (besides the skirt and craziness). Even since I got the Holy Ghost three and a half years ago, i've prayed for joy to show through me and to flow through me. Before Jesus, I was a miserable and sad person. My smiles were fake, and my laughter was forced. Now I know Jesus, and life is joyous for me and i make sure everyone knows it, whether or not I try. People watch...always, so don't let your guard down and always walk in the way of Holiness....you might be somebody's saving grace

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I know it's amazing how much of an example we can be even without thinking about it!!! Keep letting that light shine!