Thursday, August 14, 2008

What A Week!!

Okay, so this was the first week of summer band, right? Monday and Tuesday, inside learning music...we got the music sunday night, had to have it memorized and passed off by wednesday...yeah, i did it (go Jesus!), Wednesday and Thursday, PT outside....pushups galore....i still can't get up or raise my arms without wincing!! Good news is we got 5 sets on the field already!! Thursday at lunch, i find out that my Pastor was in a wreck that morning, fell asleep on his way home from work, and ran up against a bridge...you see, he hangs his hand out the window while he drives...wherefore, when he hit the bridge, he shattered his hand. the rotary bones in his left thumb were completley shattered, and he had surgery at 5 to save his hand, which, Praise the Lord, they did save. he's got a metal plate in his hand now, but he starts physical therapy next week, so please keep him in your prayers! Dorcors are predicting a month until he can fully use his hand again, but I know the God who can heal that hand up by morning if He wanted! I'm predicting one to two week time span for God to do something awesome with it! :D we're so thankful he's alive, cause he could've died..and me personally would be lost without Pastor. He's currently the man keeping my car running, not to mention the church! God bless my pastor! This morning, Mudda Teresa's dad passed away...he's been fighting a battle with cancer for a few months now and he lost last night, I know he's in the hand of a merciful God, and the cancer isn't bothering him now. I cant say if anything is. I'm staying here at college an extra day to go to the showing tomorrow night and the funeral saturday night before I go home...keep her in your prayers, please! She's been baptized but doesn't have the Holy Ghost yet, so pray for God to keep hold of her. Tomorrow is the last day of PT (and I am slightly sunburned btw), and i'll be glad to finish up so I can clean up this messy dorm room so Tiffany can move in on Sunday. Strangely, through these trials today and the past few weeks, i haven't really gotten that down...i've just vented, prayed, and moved on with it....God's really been there for me this week, despite my weaknesses, one of which i will NEVER even consider again! I almost missed church wednesday because of a piece of music i had to pass off, but you know what, God took care of it, and I went to church anyway and had a wonderful time! God's just awesome, and I praise Him cause Pastor is okay, and Teresa is gonna be good, and that I survived PT this week (which is one of the worst) and that God works things out awesomely!

anyways, i think i'm gonna try to hit the hay now...God Bless you!

No comments: