Sunday, November 22, 2009

At the Hotel...Yet again!

Soo, in the two months that I haven't posted this is what all has aspired!

I have decided that I detest marching band and have seriously rethought my major after taking Japanese and both excelling and enjoying it. However, i love music too much to abandon it like that, and a Modern Languages major would have to spend three semesters in a spanish-speaking country in order to achieve a bachelor's degree. The main two languages offered are French and Spanish..so its not worth it. possible career option: Japanese 3 and 4 are offered as independent studies and then there is the Japanese Language Proficiency test that gives you a certificate stating that you are certified to speak and read Japanese. I'm looking at finishing with my bachelors in music and my masters in education (prayerfully doing this through another education school...i DETEST UAM school of education...) and if that doesn't work out, find a job somewhere as a translator. :D

Married life is going wonderfully. This weekend was the longest time we've spent apart since the wedding and lemme tell you, when i got home tonight, i hit the door running and shane was running too. :D it was a big fleshy bellyflop when we met, but it was worth it. I missed that man like crazy. :D I thank God for blessing me with him.

Okay, so an update on school groups and stuff. As of Nov 15th, I am officially a Sigma Sigma Sigma. No, I dont party. No, I don't drink. No, I'm not smoking or doing drugs. I looked into this carefully before deciding to pursue this. all official sorority business, like mixers and socials, are to be completley non-alcohol related and usually involve us standing around laughing with the other group. After the "official" event is over, I leave because it is no longer sorority business. The pledging process was nice, there was no hazing involved, just encouragement, strangely enough! :D the group went out of their way to make us feel special and loved and to let us know we were beautiful, amazing, and strong women. This group of girls makes me proud to call them sisters. :D

Well, i think that's about it. I'm about to get off here and go snuggle on the couch in the lobby and finish my book. :D God Bless you and keep both my husband and I in your prayers. Happy Thanksgiving!

*I am thankful for ALL God has done for me and in me. :D*

No comments: